FHS-Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is a hormone found in humans and other animals. It is synthesized and secreted by gonadotrophs of the anterior pituitary gland. FSH regulates the development, growth, pubertal maturation, and reproductive processes of the body. FSH and Luteinizing hormone (LH) act synergistically in reproduction.
Estradiol-6 is a hormone that is naturally produced. It is a sex hormone. They will check to make sure my levels are in normal range.
Prolactin-Increased prolactin levels can interfere with ovulation. They may also indicate further testing (MRI) should be done to check for a pituitary tumor. Some women with PCOS also have hyperprolactinemia
TSH 3rd generation- A high level of TSH combined with a low or normal T4 level generally indicates hypothyroidism, which can have an effect on fertility.
Testosterone-FREE- I had NO idea that women had testosterone. They will be checking the levels in my body!
Hemoglobain a1c- just to check my blood sugar levels!
I go in later this afternoon. Hopefully I will have the test results back soon!
Next week is my very uncomfortable HSG test. Not looking forward to it, but really getting anxious to get some answers!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment