Friday, May 13, 2011

Roy Eldon Marsh. May 27th 1933- May 10th 2011

I have been dreading this post for a couple of days now. Afraid i wont get across all my thoughts correctly.

The song Seasons of Love from Rent keep coming to my mind. Most the line about how we measure a persons life. The song continues to say that we measure a persons life in daylights in sunsets and in the way that they loved. I have been thinking a lot about that this past week. Birth and Death.

I personally have never had to deal with the passing on of a family member before. So I am very sorry if everything feels a little jumbled up.

My grandpa passed away late Tuesday night in his sleep. It hasn’t officially sunk in yet.I think that me not being in Spokane to witness everything first hand as a factor in it feeling surreal.

I'm not 100% sure how to feel. I'm glad he isn’t in pain anymore but I'm at a loss of words as how to correctly portray the sorrow I feel at not having him on this earth anymore.

In one of my last posts I wrote a lot about my grandpa and the amazing man that he was. Words don’t do that amazing man justice.

I loved my grandpa a lot and am missing him dearly. The funeral is on Monday and i am excited to honor him that way he deserves. and hear many amazing and funny stories about how wonderful he was on so many different levels.

 

 

DSC_0051 DSC_0063 DSC_0066 DSC_0068 DSC_0069 DSC_0070 DSC_0164 DSC_0178

2 comments:

[ker-AND-uh] said...

i'm so sorry for your loss jenna!!! i wish i could be there to give you a hug!! i hope you're doing okay and you can call or text if you ever need anyone to talk to. i miss you and love you!!

Unknown said...

There really aren't words that can help at this point, but I'm so glad you will get to be with you parents and family. That is the best thing, to be surrounded by loves ones. :) Praying for you and your family, Jenna. :)