First off, I wrote this amazing post yesterday and darn blogger lost it! I am so upset! This week has not been the best on record by far!
Sorry if my next couple of posts seem a little TMI (too much information) for most, but I need a place to record what is going on in life and my infertility is what is going on in life!!! besides the other million things that are going on as well.
I finally went to an AMAZING OBGYN on Tuesday to start figuring out why Deric and I can not seem to get pregnant.
Lets start with a little background history first.
Deric and I have been trying to have a little Molner for the past 2 years. and NOTHING has happened. I figured that we would try for a couple months and bam I would be pregnant and everything would be handy dandy. Not the case! After about 6 months of trying to get pregnant I really started getting concerned. It seemed like everyone in my family and Derics gets pregnant right away or without even really trying. So when we weren't getting pregnant it was super frustrating. Everyone would tell me just to relax and it will happen when you are least expecting it. REALLY? How can I not freak out that im not getting pregnant and everyone else around me is! August of 2010 we decided that we would just adopt. We got all the paper work, started filling everything out, I started following a couple awesome blogs about the process of adoption through LDSFS and I talked to a lot of people about the process and the pro's and con's. We were pretty set on starting the whole adoption process until we realized that once Deric was out of the Marine Corps of August of 2011 we would have to resubmit paper work and go through the whole process again since we would be moving to a new area. So we decided that we would hold off on adoption for now and wait until we get settled again in August. In the mean time I have been thinking a lot about our options and since we still are in the military we need to use the benefits we have and figure this out.
A couple weeks ago I was talking to my amazingly beautiful friend Elisabeth and she told me a little secret that she was a couple weeks pregnant with their 2nd baby. While I couldn't have been MORE excited for her, Tyler and big brother Luke, I was a little sad and frustrated that I couldn't tell her some exciting news. Watching my friends have more babies and hold their new born babies has really made it hard on me to not want to figure this wholes situation out. She gave me the name to her new OBGYN Dr, Howe. While her and I were still texting back and forth I called and made an appointment to figure everything out. I am so glad I did.
okay back to this week. I went on Tuesday and had an amazing discussion with Dr. Howe on all of the possibilities of infertility. She is excited to help me figure everything out. There is going to be a LOT of doctors visits and a lot of uncomfortable tests that I am sure I wont like, but in the end it will all be worth it so that we can have little munchkins that look like us running around the house! and really that's all I have ever wanted since I can remember!
Hopefully next week I will have more updates on test results. Well just about every week I should have updates on tests results!!!
5 comments:
Jenna, I've been thinking about you this whole week. Glad to hear that everything went well. It will be a crazy process, but I know everything will turn out! Hang in there!!!! You sound great!
I'm sooo glad you love her as much as I do!!! And I can't WAIT for the day you have some exciting news for me :) I'm sure it's just around the corner. I'm here for you!! And I really will go to the bad tests with you. Been there, done that :)
I'm so sorry you're going through this! Kenzie was an accident for us so I just expected to get pregnant whenever I wanted to. This second one was hard to come by, a year of trying (tracking everything kind of takes the fun out of trying huh?) and 2 miscarriages so I can kind of feel for you but my struggle seems so small to yours.
What I've learned and finally come to accept though is that God has a different plan for every family and different struggles which prepare us for the future and bring us closer to him.
I wish you luck with getting some answers and can't wait for the day that I get to see a little Molner!! I'll keep you in my prayers!
We will pray that you will get the answers you need. Don't loose hope- I am sure you have heard many inspiring stories of seemingly infertile people getting pregnant- or adopting (For example, I have an amazing friend who took advantage of modern fertility treatments and has six children now! A set of quadruplets, and then a set of twins, only two years apart . . . ). At the same time, I understand a bit of your pain as I remember what it was like to NOT be getting pregnant when we wanted to. It seemed like everyone around me was pregnant, including my sister-in-law (that would have been Tara with Brooke at the time) . . . I think that was one of the more spiritually trying times of my life. For me, I didn't have to wait as long as you- - so my heart goes out to you and know that you are in my prayers. I know the Lord has amazing things in store for you, so hang in there!
I am so excited that you are blogging about this stuff! I think it's so therapeutic just getting all of these emotions and events out. You are the strongest woman I know, you are always so genuinely excited and happy for everyone else's successes! You totally deserve answers and the rallying support that you give everyone else. Love to your whole family! We just love you guys!
Post a Comment