Friday, July 17, 2009

The Other Half

I thought I might give little insight as to what the other half of the Molner couple has been up to for the last few months. The blog seems a little one sided, mostly because it is, my bad. Anyway I have been in Okinawa Japan, woah,cool,how neat, what an experience,(just figured I would get those out of the way for you) for the last 7 1/2 months. Not really all that exciting, when your here for this long. It was cool when we first got here and everything was new to us, but now i just really want to go home. The best part is they have been teaching me to drive on the wrong side of the road for the last several months because everything is backwards over here.(look out cali im comin home soon) Since I have been here I have gone to Thailand, Mt. Fuji, Tokyo, and Australia. That part of the deployment was fun, minus the ship ride there. I would put pictures up of the places I have been but the military frowns on us putting personal pictures on their computers, so I will put some up when I get home for everyone to see. Thailand was fun it is amazing to see how much of a difference there is in our cultures. Everywhere we went though the people were friendly so that made everything more enjoyable. Tokyo was a blast except i didnt see any street racing or drifting anywhere im starting to question that movie now. Either way it was fun to be there. Australia so far has been fun except we didnt get to do the things we really wanted to. Apparently Wrestling kangaroos is not looked highly upon, so we settled for feeding them. We didnt get to go snorkeling either which was a mjaor bummer that was the one thing i really wanted to do, but as i have learned the military is not big on having fun, its the wierdest thing. I am down to just over a month left. The deployment has gone by way faster than i thought which is good. I cant wait to get home to my beautiful wife. I will actually get to meet all her friends shes made at church since i have been gone. Its going to feel like a family reunion when i get home everyone will know me and i will just walk around smiling like i have a clue. It will be fun though. I got to go to church over here with Roger. Being able to go to church every sunday was amazing even when we didnt go to church Roger and I would Do sacrament together. It was amazing feeling the spirit like that. I cant wait to go to the temple with Jenna and just spend time with her. She is the most amazing woman in the world. I am the luckiest man alive to have her in my life.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Loved your post! It is great to hear from you. I agree with everything you said about Jenna, and I agree with everything she says about you!You guys have done a remarkable job with this deployment. Proud of you both. It's almost over...YIPPEE!

Paul and Kerry said...

Having a shaved head and wearing camo is not as fun as when you were 12 is it? I had to throw that in. I can't wait until you get back to the states. So you and Jenna can be together.
Love you Mom

Becky said...

Glad things are going well on the other side of the world . . . but I think we will be so glad to have you back with Jenna! You'll have to make a trip up to Washington sometime ... Anyway- great to hear how you are doing!

Becky said...

By the way- I hope you like the wedding video I finally finished!