I am, in a round about way, on a long boring road trip!
1st stop Friday April 3rd Las Vegas NV for the ACM Awards.
2nd stop Monday April 6th- La Quinta,CA to nanny for the week.
3rd stop- Friday April 10th- San Diego, ca to hang out with brothers family and mom
4th stop- Saturday April 11th- HOME!!! FINALLY!!!!!!
Lessons learned on the BORING highways-mostly between Las Vegas and La Quinta on route 66 and hwy 95.
1. DON'T hang your foot out the window to cool it off because its 85 degrees outside. Bugs will hit your foot, just like they do the windshield. and if you drive as fast as I do it hurts even worse.
2. Make sure you have enough washer fluid. I think there are over 200 plus bugs on my windshield, because I ran out of fluid.
3. ALWAYS have over a full tank, I hadn't seen a gas station in over 2 hours. I haven't seen ANYONE in over 2 hours! But I did see a for sale sign. I don't know what they were selling, like a million acres or something?
4. Don't drive a stick shift, my foot is numb from traffic in the middle of NOWHERE!
5. Have AC in your car if you ever want to drive through the Mojave desert. Its WICKED hot in April. I NEVER want to see it in July or August.
6. If you have to drive with your windows down, make sure where ever you are heading too has a good shower. You will have dust/sand/bugs all over you!
7. If you don't like straight 2 lane highways, don't take this drive. But I would like to thank who ever made highway 95 100s of years ago, THANK YOU for making the bumps on the road! It was the only thing that kept me happy!
8. always buy a car with good stereo reception or a CD player. Driving for 7 hours without music is not fun. you learn a lot!
9. best lesson yet. from a billboard on I-10 between INDIO and LA QUINTA. NOT EVERYONE CAN OR SHOULD WEAR SPANDEX.
I will post pictures next week of all the country singers I met. Vegas was a lot of fun. It was so amazing to see all of the people I listen to on the radio and Cd's just walking around.
1 comment:
Awesome Jenna. My favorite is the one about sticking your foot out the window!
I think I can totally agree with all of your lessons learned. Just you wait until you have bickering children on that boring drive- - that is where your next bit of advice will come - - bring a portable DVD player or a laptop with a plug in attachment to the cigarette lighter, or a REALLY good battery with lots of movies!
Looks like you had fun trip despite the drive!
Post a Comment