Sunday, March 6, 2011

I don’t exactly know how to start this post, but it needs to be written.

I grew up with the best possible grandparents ever! I have only ever known one set of my grandparents, and they were so amazing. My grandpa is the most handsome man ever! (sorry babe). He is tall dark and handsome. I mean tall! I always remember being amazing at how tall grandmpa Marsh was when I was little. and how strong he always seemed. My grandpa was a fire fighter for years in Spokane Washington, and I couldn’t have been more proud to tell me friends that. I think that must be why I have such a respect for those who serve others every day, those that run into the burning buildings while everyone else runs away and those who protect our freedom.

My grandpa had the best sense of humor, even though he might not have known it. We have a family tradition of playing catch phrase whenever we get together with my moms siblings. It was my grandpa’s turn and he was trying so hard for us to get his word. he kept explaning, its a whole row of trucks. and he just kept saying it. when time was up he told us it was a pick up line. we died laughing. We had to tell him that it was a way to flirt with a girl or guy. But to him a pick up line was a row of trucks picking up lumber. It was so cute.

My grandpa is a true gentleman and loves my grandmother so much. I can always see it every time I am around them. and he loves everyone of his children and grand children.

He can make the most amazing things with his own hands. He has built amazing bird houses, helped build many real houses, and made many amazing pop can airplanes and helicopters.

My grandpa is an amazing man. He raised 5 amazing children and instilled in us grand kids many amazing lessons. I hope to never forget any of these things.

Time is getting short with him on this earth and its one of the hardest things I have tried to grasp. It seems too soon. We don’t know when it will  happen but we are gearing up for the worst and our families are coming together. But through out this  I can’t help but think about the plan of salvation and the knowledge that I have that this life is not the end. That someday I will see my grandpa again and see him healthy and strong. Life continues even if it is hard without the ones we love, but this life is NOT the end. It will be hard for a long time when my grandpa passes. It will not be easy. But it will go on.

1 comment:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jenna. We'll send some prayers his way. Thinking of you. Loves!