It was interesting. I sat by my self, which I think was the hardest part of the whole thing. The opening song made me start to tear up, but I am very proud of my self for not letting the tears come out, since the people in my ward don't know me yet! That might have been a little weird.
But 2Nd and 3rd hour were good. I think I might actually like this ward. There was a girl that introduced her self to me a couple of weeks ago and knew that Deric would be gone, so she made it a point to come find me and ask me how I was doing. I enjoyed that and am very thankful to her for asking me that today.
To keep me some what busy when I get home from work, I have been writing in a journal that is all about how I am feeling during this deployment. Its actually been very helpful to write it down . Here is some of the things I was thinking about the 1st full day Deric was gone:
January 14Th
I used Derics shampoo. I miss his smell. I also changed the sheets today, which was super hard to do. It was nice to be able to still have his scent in the bed. I miss his silly jokes and him making fun of me. I miss him playing the Wii and getting frustrated with his cabelas hunting game, not knowing what animal he is supposed to be hunting. I miss him leaving the lights on and me having to go turn them ALL off before we leave, which he is putting them back on just to get me angry. I even miss the Mt. Dew bottles ALL over the house, which in all honestly used to drive me NUTS. I miss kicking him in the middle of the night and waking up to tell him sorry. I miss the cereal bowls, his alarm going off at odd hours of the morning, I miss hearing him come up the stairs and ringing the door bell before he comes in the house. Every little thing that he does, that used to bug me I miss. I feel like I didn't get enough time with him as my husband before he left. He is going to be gone longer than we have been married. Which totally sucks.
My crying comes in waves. Its weird. At sometimes I am super strong and don't cry, but then I see something of his that we didn't put away before he left, like his pillow, or his mt dew bottle that he was drinking in the car on the way down to base. Its the little things.
Ranya has been a huge support to me and I hope to her. It has been very hard on her as well. We have decided to make a specific night each week to go to the temple, and another night of the week to go see movies. Get us into a regular schedule and that way we have something to look forward to at the end of the day.
Its getting easier each day. It is easier now that Deric is able to call me and text me while he is in Japan. I don't know how it will be when he is on the boat or when he is in Thailand. It will be interesting to see the level of communication we will be able to have. I am not really looking forward to him being away from Japan. Just for communication purposes.
But to keep myself busy I have been making these adorable baby accessories. Trying at least. I have sold a couple with the held of Annette, the lady I nanny for. I am so glad I found them. They have been a huge part in me being able to keep it together while Deric is gone. The kids are fun and keep me busy all day. Makena is 4 and loves Deric to pieces. Every day she asks me how he is doing and even loves to talk to him when he calls. So here are some pictures of the things I have been keeping my self busy with. Enjoy!
3 comments:
That post almost made me cry! It's so hard when they're gone. The longest Keith and I were apart was 6 weeks and that was tough stuff so I think you're pretty amazing to be dealing with such a long deployment! I sooo wish you were here so we could get together. I will keep you both in my prayers and can't wait to see that cute little hat in person :)You better believe there will be a picture of her in it on the blog
I am so proud of you! I can't believe how talented you are! Thanks for sending me your blog. I love it! I love the picture at the top. Where are you living? I would love to craft with you!
Oh Jenna - - I can't even imagine how I would feel if Jon had to leave for that long - - anytime in our marriage. Hopefully you will be able to talk to him often. You are doing great, and it will be over before you know it! We are all thinking of you! I am glad he was around for your birthday- and that you went to Disneyland! You know me and Disney theme parks . . . always my favorite thing to do. Happy Birthday a month late! We love you!
The baby accessories are dang cute - - as with everything you have made in the past! My favorite is the little alligator clip with a flower.
Post a Comment