Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a GREAT weekend!

WOW! We had the best time in LA yesterday and today. But honestly I am so glad that we don't live there. WAY to much going on all the time!
We were able to go to the temple on Friday night. It was awesome!
Today Deric and I got up early to go to my Grandpa's grave site. It was amazing for me! Very surreal and I got pretty emotional. It was an awesome feeling being there. I couldn't have asked for anything else.















After getting a little lost and driving around for a long time trying to find some place to eat lunch, we ended up in HOLLYWOOD. It was fun and LOTS of walking. We went to a bunch of the museums and had a lot of fun. It was awesome to just drive around and being in awe of everything, especially Rodeo drive. I had NO idea how amazing it was. All in all it was an amazing weekend in L.A. and to top it off Deric doesn't work on Monday, so I get to spend even more time with him! My favorite!
Enjoy all the pictures!






1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you had such a fun time- a bit of a Honeymoon amidst trying to find an apartment! You guys look so happy!! Isn't it wonderful to finally be together and married? I remember feeling like that. Jon and I just went back to the Olympic Peninsula for a little weekend trip- that is where we went on our Honeymoon. See my blog for pictures of Forks!!

It was really cool to see your picture of the Gravesite of Grandpa Wilson. It's amazing to think that he would have been 100 the year Jon and I got married. Think of the things he must have seen in his life- he was 16 when World War 1 broke out, my age during the great depression, and in his 40's during world War 2. Most likely I would have never gotten to meet him- but Jon would have known him.