So we have been in California a week, and no we still don't have an apartment yet. We are in the process but it seems to be taking a long time!
Thank goodness for Deric's friend Roger and his wife Ranya for letting us stay with them. It really has been a life saver. I don't know what we would have done without them.
This weekend we are going up to Los Angeles to go to the L.A. Temple for a session and then hanging out in Hollywood on Saturday. But honestly I think my favorite part is going to be going to my Grandpa's grave site. My Grandpa died when my Dad was 5. I always have heard amazing stories about him from my Dad. He died from a bad car accident and phenomena, which the bad car accident put my dad at the age of 5 in a full body cast.
This will be my very first time to go to his grave. I always think about them and what it would be like to have 2 sets of Grandparents. But I can't complain my Gma and Gpa Marsh are amazing people and I am so very thankful to have them! They are amazing people, but in the back of my mind I always have wondered what my Grandpa and Grandma would have been like and what they would have thought about me. I can't wait to see his Grave and to live so close to it, so that I can go and visit often.
Sorry its so personal but I needed to get that out! I will post pictures soon of California. and we should be getting our wedding pictures here this week! I can't wait to post those!!!
2 comments:
It's always really humbling and exciting and almost solemn (sorta) to go to your grandparents' grave, especially because you've never met them before. i know what you mean. i didn't mean my mom's dad and i wish i knew him sometimes. i know he'd be my biggest fan and he'd be incredibly proud. but i know he's with me.
i love you. have fun in la.
xoXo
Hey Jenna! How is married life? Ha ha don't you LOVE that question?! I know I do ;) I didn't know you moved to CA...that's so exciting. To be honest I'm a little jealous. It snowed in Rexburg today.
Congrats on the new marriage!
Post a Comment