Monday, June 16, 2008
The Real Story;)
It was a long long time ago, well... more like a month and a half ago. I was in the mall down in san diego. I was on a mission I needed something round shiny and most likely expensive. I was in luck the mall had a huge selection, in fact they had too many it took me forever to find what i was looking for, but after many dedicated hours and a few snack breaks i found the perfect ring, or so i hoped. After i got the ring my mother of course wanted to see it. Anyone who knows her understands what i mean. so i took some pictures and e-mailed them to her, the best part is Jenna was on the otherside of the table but couldn't see what they were looking at. I don't think she was too happy. Now that i had the ring it was time to figure out how to propose, it was a matter of taking time to TALK WITH HER FATHER!! very important step, then ask Jenna. I quickly found out the government was in a conspiracy to keep me away from spokane. After I bought the ring I was sent to 29 palms (aka the middle of the desert) for a month so there went any plans for a month. On the plus side being in the middle of the desert gives you lots of time to think and that i did, i fugured out a plan. I got back and put in my leave request and was going over the plan in my head i was ready, but then uncle sam attacked again my leave got rejected. All i was thinking is Jenna is going to kill me, along with my mom and most of her family. Although I told Jenna I got my leave canceled I failed to mention there was another way to get home and that I took it. Granted it was last minute so all my previous planning was out the window( thank you again uncle sam) I was on my way home. I must thank my mom though she had a big part in this she found out for me on my way home that Jenna had a dance that night so she would not be home. A new plan, I landed in Spokane at 8pm got home and called Jenna's house her father answered and we talked for a little bit and then i was on my way over there. On my way I made plans with Clayton to help me when I got to the dance, everything was going great. Then I remembered where I was going and what I was going to do, oh wow I have never been so nervous. I survived! Jenna's dad went easy on me, whew! Now that I had permission I was on my way to propose. Clayton met me outside and we went over how it was going to work. He would call her up on stage I would walk out SURPRISE!!! and propose. Once inside I was waithing next to the stage for what felt like an eternity I swear they played the longest song in the world twice over just to make me wait. Finally the song is over Clayton calls Jenna up on stage I walk out, to see there are lots of people now staring at me, but it was ok I was so happy to see Jenna. Clayton handed me the microphone, and I wanted to say something really clever and witty but it didn't quite happen it, I did have to reassure her that I asked her father though hence the mention of importance earlier. I got down on one knee, and asked Jenna to marry me, she said yes and so the rest of our lives together begins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're so SNEAKY SNEAKY!
I love this blog...especially the fact that you both contribute to it! It's always fun to read both sides of the story.
ahhh that is SO cute!
Post a Comment