Sunday, June 15, 2008

Engagement story! -Jenna side



I thought I would let EVERYONE know just how Deric proposed!




Friday June 13Th-


Deric had told me that he wasn't going to be able to make up here this weekend because his leave had pretty much been rejected. I am not gonna lie, I was totally upset and very sad that he wouldn't make it up here to go to my cousins wedding with me.


So instead of being a bum all weekend I decided I was going to go out with some friends to a singles dance. The theme for the singles dance on Friday was 70's and 80's. So of course I got totally decked out in all of my 80's clothes with my really good friend Kayla. Big Hair, Leg warmers, bright pink chuck Taylor's, blue eye shadow, Big hair & to top it off a fanny pack,pretty much the works! I looked pretty sweet! So I went to the dance, ran outside every time a slow song came on, so I wouldn't have to reject anyone. anyways about 10 o'clock Clayton Hull one of my very good friends gets up on stage and says that he wants Jenna Wilson to get up on stage. I was totally confused. I kept thinking why the heck do they want me to go up there, its not my birthday, there is nothing special going on today. So I get up there and Clayton says that he has a very big surprise for me! and out walks DERIC!!!! I couldn't believe it! He totally surprised me and showed up and the dance! So I of course hugged him like crazy and just couldn't believe he was there. He grabbed the Mic from Clayton and started to get down on one knee and was asking me to marry him! Before he said anything I had to ask him one question!!!! DID YOU ASK MY DAD? He of course is such a gentleman and had just gotten back from my house asking my dad for my hand in marriage! Oh man he is amazing! So he asked me to Marry him in front of everyone at the church dance and while I was totally decked out in my 80's clothes! I couldn't have asked for a better proposal! and my ring! its amazing!!!Deric knows me very well and picked out the ring himself!
So a little background on Deric and I for those who don't know!
Deric and I actually met in 7Th grade at Greenacres Jr. High here in Spokane. We met in Treble Choir with Mr. Muzatko as our teacher. I will post more on how things worked out between us too a little later!!!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Jenna! I just saw this link on facebook and want to say congrats!I had no idea you and Deric were dating, you definitely need to post the whole story. I love the
80's by the way, you look dang sexy.

Paul and Kerry said...

GREAT STORY ! I wish I could have been there. keep us posted.

Jenna said...

I wandered over from Stacy's blog... As a YSA advisor in South Carolina, I just think that it is SO COOL that you were proposed to at a dance!!! Congratulations & happy life!

Jamie said...

Hopped over here from Stacy's site. Such a great story. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jenna!!! So you know I am going to freaking out.....LOL!
But I am still happy for you!

Anonymous said...

(found your blog through stacy's blog) what a pretty ring! best wishes :)

kim said...

I found your blog via Stacy's scrapbooking blog. I just wanted to write and congratulate you on your engagement and upcoming wedding. I wish you abundant blessings. I also wanted to let you know you have inspired me...to create a blog about my love & me...we'll be married 15 years in July.
Congratulations - again.
Kim

Josh n Betsie said...

Jenna you dont know me...i am quinns big sister. I just read your story and thought it was so cute. I know just how it feels to have the military jerk you around. Most my engaged life my fiance was gone. But after 4 years of marriage we got out. YIPPEE!! Congrats and good luck on the wedding plans...BEAUTIFUL RING!