Wednesday, June 2, 2010

San Francisco

For Deric’s birthday we decided to head to San Francisco for the weekend. We were up in Sacramento for my niece Natalie’s baptism!DSC_0379 DSC_0332 DSC_0352

I can not believe she is 8 already!!!! She was 4 when I lived in Sacramento with her.

 DSC_0576 my favorite restaurant Boudin’s. They have the best sourdough bread bowls EVER! and their Clam Chowder is pretty good too!!!DSC_0586 The Aquarium of the bay is awesome! Deric got to touch a bat ray and leopard shark and a sea cucumber and of course the start fish! he loved it! I didn’t touch anything!

DSC_0606 DSC_0613 DSC_0623 Riding the CABLE CARS for the first time! they are not called trolleys! Deric was disgusted with me that in the 2 times I had been to San Francisco I had never gone on them! Its a lot of fun. Its a lot better to ride the cable car than to walk the hills! a lot faster too!

we did drive down Lombard street. I didn’t take any pictures because it gets over pretty fast! I could never imagine driving down that everyday to get to my house!

DSC_0642 DSC_0668 Alcatraz. awesome tour. totally worth the money! I learned a lot from the 3 hours we were there. It was freezing when we were there. But it was a pretty cool experience.

DSC_0893 can you pick out which one is the “full house” house????

in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. I don’t remember who the guy is, he had something big to do with the golden gate bridge!DSC_0921 DSC_0920DSC_1036Coit tower. some really rich lady had this building built in honor of the firemen who saved her from the huge fire of the early 1900’s. its pretty cool up top! you can see all of san Francisco! This is Deric up at the top. Alcatraz is the dot in the back!DSC_0999 DSC_1020 the bay bridge! its actually longer than the Golden Gate bridge and we did actually drive over this bridge!DSC_1021 DSC_1025 DSC_1030

we had a blast the two days in san Francisco!! such a fun city with a lot of interesting people!

No comments: