Can I just say I am totally spoiled!!!
We left Wednesday for Loreto Mexico! I had never heard of it! We flew on a 14 person private Jet. Holy cow! So much fun and so much easier with little kids!
We were welcomes at the airport by the Mexican Military with guns and also with the nasty HUMIDITY! I don’t do good in humidity I have learned.
We stayed at the beautiful La Mision hotel right on the ocean! We watched Pelicans diving for fish, fisher man catching fish, and locals driving up and down the road in front of our hotel. At about 7:00 EVERY NIGHT everyone with a car or a bike were on the road cruisin. It was totally the thing to do. Reminded me of crusin down Division on friday nights! hahah.
We played in the salt water pools almost all day long and ate wonderful food and slept amazing at night!
Saturday we went to an island about 15 minutes away from the hotel and played all day on the white sand beaches and crystal clear waters! Many different types of fish came up to us and were swimming with us, some needle fish, sergeant majors fish, angel fish, we saw from a little distance about 10 feet some sting rays and blow fish. It was so beautiful! But a little word to the wise, the Mexican sun on the ocean is totally different than the sun on lake Coeur D’Alene! you need like SPF 75 sun block or more or you will turn out like this! its very painful and finally starting to peel about 4 days later. My legs look the exact same and my face has some awesome tan lines from my sunglasses! Yes I have raccoon eyes!
The town of Loreto is very small and not a lot of people speak English! But its a beautiful and very friendly town!
The first church built in Loreto!
Pelicans relaxin at Coronado Island
There are of course a lot of very intersting shops in the “old town” square, which are so cute and so much fun! But out favorite little place had this guy to offer as well!
He was HUGE! about 3 feet long, but so nice and let all of us touch him! well besides me I was totally not interested!
Well enjoy the pictures! there are TONS!

5 comments:
oh my!!! Your back!! ouch! I love the photos you took. they are beautiful!
I'm jealous! It looks beautiful there and there are so many bright colors! Love it!
How fun! I'm in pain looking at your back Jenna, sunburn is so awful!
Oh, my holy sadness! I will buy you sun protection for your next trip!! Ahhh! Ouch!
(This is Kristen from LL, by the way. I blogstalk you. :) )
Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Jon got his one and only really bad sunburn in Mexico too. He actually now has permanent freckles on his shoulders that were caused by this terrible sunburn! That mexican sun is so much closer and hotter!
Glad you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment